I’m John Ryan,
the owner of J&J Studios Philadelphia.
While we shoot mainly in the Philadelphia area, we also shoot in New Jersey, Delaware, New York and we are available for travel worldwide.
We shoot mainly weddings, but have shot countless engagement sessions, corporate events and birthday parties. We have a thriving bar/bat mitzvah business.
Our specialties include wedding photography, engagement photography, portrait photography and corporate photography. We also offer cinematography services to combine photo and video offerings for our clients.
A little background about me:
I started photography all the way back in high school and spent many days taking pictures of any sports event or show that I could. I worked for the student newspaper and later during college I was Photo Editor for our college newspaper. This passion continued until late 2008 when a friend who was getting married asked me to photograph their wedding. From that moment onward I was hooked. I love wedding photography.
I get to be a product, portrait, lifestyle, glamour, boudoir, family, and documentary photographer all in the space of 10 minutes.
Things progressed exponentially from there and we now have a cinematography/videography division as well as aerial video and image service through Philadelphia Aerial Imaging.
Some fun facts about me:
- I am a licensed physical therapist.
- Ben and Jerry’s: The Tonight Dough is my favorite ice cream.
- I love Pomeranians.
- I’m married to my beautiful wife Vanessa.
- I am a certified personal trainer.
- I am a classically-trained pianist. I love Bach, Chopin, and Mozart especially. Shout out to Ms. Michelle and Ms. Paula Kubik my two former piano instructors.
- I was/am a competitive ballroom dancer. While not competing recently, I have competed all over the tri-state area.
Our Signature Album
As Seen On
Fees and Pricing
Wedding photo collections start at 5900. Wedding Photo + Video collections start at 8200. Most clients book both photo and video and spend $~12000 on photo, video, albums, and wall art.