Wissahickon Park Engagement Session | Lauren and Joe
When Lauren and Joe told us they wanted to be photographed at Wissahickon Park for their engagement session we were giddy with excitement. We did an engagement session there last year and were looking for a chance to go back! Wissahickon Valley Park is approximately seven square miles of trails and wilderness along the Wissahickon Creek before it merges with the Schuylkill River. During a brisk October morning, Lauren and Joe met up with us to take pictures in the park, along the water and at the historic Thomas Mill Covered Bridge, the only covered bridge remaining in a major US city.
Using off-camera flash, we were able to make a moody partial silhouette, even in the midday sun:
With so much to explore, there were really limitless possibilities for photography. Lauren and Joe were so patient while we clamored up and down embankments, crawled in the mud and scurried around thick brush looking for the perfect shots.
Nearby we found a historic 18th-century house and took some portraits using foliage to frame the couple.
Wissahickon Valley Park Couples Portraits
Wissahickon Park Engagement Session Tips
- Bug spray is a must.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes that can get muddy.
- The less you have to carry, the better. Some locations can be a 15-20 min hike to get to (the covered bridge for example).
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Bring a change of clothes, a towel for your car if you plan to get into the water.
- Bring a backpack for any wardrobe change.
- Depending on the season, temperatures, especially in the water, will be less than ideal. You have been warned.
- Try to relax and have fun, a shot or two before the session won’t hurt.
- Bee/Insect allergy? Bring the epi-pen.
- Hiking can be difficult and some locations are not readily accessible. If you have breathing issues, bring all appropriate medications/inhalers.
Planning your own Wissahickon Park Engagement Session? Contact John Ryan to schedule your date.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.